Donate to Links
Click on Links masthead to clear previous query from search box
- Russian imperialism
12 hours 1 min ago
- TeleSUR: Ukraine fighting intensifies (19/8/2014)
1 day 3 hours ago
- RUTH FIRST´s PLACE IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN REVOLUTION - Part II
1 day 23 hours ago
- Latin American left governments and Sri Lanka
2 days 15 hours ago
- Letter from eastern Ukraine: ‘The collapse of the liberal ‘left’
3 days 3 hours ago
- Who Is Bernie Sanders?
3 days 19 hours ago
- Left Must Resist Ban on UCP
4 days 2 hours ago
- ALBA - Sri Lanka.-- Bolivian Vice President Álvaro García Linera
4 days 20 hours ago
- On Ruth First´s contribution to the South African Revolution
6 days 4 hours ago
- Supporting left and progressive Kurdish forces
6 days 17 hours ago
Zimbabwe socialists: 'Vote NO in the referendum!'
March 2013 -- The people of Zimbabwe go to the polls on March 16, 2013, to endorse or reject a draft constitution. The latest edition of the International Socialist Organisation Zimbabwe's (ISOZ) newspaper, Socialist Worker, is almost entirely devoted to arguments against adoption of what it describes as a deeply flawed "elitist peace pact by the three parliamentary political parties (ZANU-PF, MDC-T, MDC) and their Western backers”.
“The people have demanded a constitution written by themselves in a democratic, participatory and gender-youth-disability balanced way. A constitution that ends the imperial executive presidency and guarantees democratic and accountable political governance and bread and butter socio economic rights”, said ISOZ leader Munyaradzi Gwisai. “But in an era where 85-year-old Pope Benedict XVI resigns citing advanced age, the draft allows an 89-year-old President Robert Mugabe to potentially rule for another 10 years, until he is 99! It (also) fails to address fundamental issues of severe poverty, gender and social inequality, economic democratisation and full political democracy.”
Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal is posting the March 2013 edition of the ISOZ's Socialist Worker. Download it HERE as a PDF document, or read it on screen below.