Donate to Links
Click on Links masthead to clear previous query from search box
- United States: The Rise of Trumpism
9 hours 40 min ago
- Join the petition campaign
23 hours 2 min ago
- Pakistan: Protests to continue if activists are not released
3 days 20 hours ago
- Wallerstein's view on a possible US-Russia deal against China
4 days 1 hour ago
- Misreading the real imperialists
4 days 2 hours ago
- Moving on from Trotskyism
1 week 1 day ago
- Big thanks for your work
1 week 2 days ago
2 weeks 6 days ago
- this is really encouraging
4 weeks 14 hours ago
- First reply to your response
6 weeks 4 days ago
"We fight for our collective liberation because we are clear
that until black people are free, no one is free."
From Black Lives Matter statement after Donald Trump’s election victory.
By Malik Miah
December 16, 2016 — Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal — So much is said about why Donald Trump won the presidency, and the anger of the white working class. White supremacists are overjoyed by his victory. White Americans who believed that they had suffered so-called “reverse discrimination” from Blacks, Latinos and undocumented immigrants proclaimed the defeat of “identity politics.” Many feel confident to strike out verbally and at times physically against Muslims and others.
Much less is written or discussed about the failures of liberalism and the Obama presidency for Blacks and other minorities who voted for Hillary Clinton as a lesser evil.