Donate to Links
Click on Links masthead to clear previous query from search box
- dutch elections
2 days 12 hours ago
- The Netherlands – Dutch elections: a further shift to the right
4 days 16 hours ago
1 week 3 days ago
- dates reversed in intro to this post
1 week 6 days ago
- Revolutionary democratic-dictatorship? Say what?
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Responding to The Nation article slandering the Rojava movement
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor: Why we're taking action on March 8
4 weeks 23 hours ago
- April 22, 2017: March for Science on Earth Day
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Dear friends,
the end is
5 weeks 1 hour ago
- AWP on Lal Shehbaz Qalandar shrine terrorist attack
5 weeks 2 days ago
URGENT APPEAL: Socialist Party of Malaysia (PSM) leader arrested in police crackdown on BERSIH rally
By International Bureau, Socialist Party of Malaysia (PSM)
November 18, 2016 — Arutchelvan, Central Committee Member of Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM) was arrested this evening as part of police crackdown on the eve of BERSIH 5 rally.
Coalition for Free and Fair Election (BERSIH) has called for mass rally on 19 November 2016. Five demands of the the rally are: Clean Elections, Clean Government, The Strengthening of Parliamentary Democracy, Right to Dissent and Empowering Sabah and Sarawak.
Police crackdown at the eve BERSIH rally today already rounded up at least 6 persons and the number is expecting to increase.
We call upon friends to send protest message to the Government of Malaysia to stop the crackdown and release all the detainees immediately.
Send the protest letter with demands:
1) Immediate release of all the detainees arrested during crackdown on BERSIH rally.
2) Stop crackdown on the BERSIH rally. Allow the people to assemble peacefully.
3) Respect the demands of Malaysian people for clean and fair elections.
Send the letter to:
Dato’ Sri Haji Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak
Prime Minister of Malaysia
Tel : +603-8888 8000 | Fax : +603-8888 3444
Dato’ Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid bin Hamidi
Minister of Home Affairs
Tel: +603 8886 8000 / 3000 | Fax : +603-88891613 / +603-88891610
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Khalid bin Abu Bakar
Inspector-General of Police
Tel: +603 - 2266 2222 Fax: +603 - 2070 7500
(international bureau) firstname.lastname@example.org
visit our website at: