Donate to Links
Click on Links masthead to clear previous query from search box
- dutch elections
1 day 16 hours ago
- The Netherlands – Dutch elections: a further shift to the right
3 days 20 hours ago
1 week 2 days ago
- dates reversed in intro to this post
1 week 5 days ago
- Revolutionary democratic-dictatorship? Say what?
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Responding to The Nation article slandering the Rojava movement
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor: Why we're taking action on March 8
4 weeks 4 hours ago
- April 22, 2017: March for Science on Earth Day
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Dear friends,
the end is
4 weeks 6 days ago
- AWP on Lal Shehbaz Qalandar shrine terrorist attack
5 weeks 1 day ago
Stephen F. Cohen on Ukraine: Meeting shows 'Kiev, not Moscow, blocking peace deal'
Click for more on the political situation in Ukraine.
August 26, 2015 -- New Cold War.org, posted by Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal -- Stephen F. Cohen, contributing editor to The Nation, was interviewed on the the John Batchelor Show, WABC radio in New York City. They discuss the news of a ceasefire agreement in eastern Ukraine for a cessation of hostilities beginning September 1, 2015, and the recent meeting in Berlin on August 24 of Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel, France's President François Hollande and Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko.
According to Cohen, by summoning President Petro Poroshenko to Berlin, Merkel and Hollande made clear that the US-backed government in Kiev, not Moscow, is blocking implementation of the Minsk plan for negotiating an end to the Ukrainian civil war.