Donate to Links
Click on Links masthead to clear previous query from search box
- The Netherlands – Dutch elections: a further shift to the right
1 day 19 hours ago
1 week 19 hours ago
- dates reversed in intro to this post
1 week 3 days ago
- Revolutionary democratic-dictatorship? Say what?
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Responding to The Nation article slandering the Rojava movement
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor: Why we're taking action on March 8
3 weeks 5 days ago
- April 22, 2017: March for Science on Earth Day
4 weeks 1 hour ago
- Dear friends,
the end is
4 weeks 4 days ago
- AWP on Lal Shehbaz Qalandar shrine terrorist attack
4 weeks 6 days ago
- US Intervention
5 weeks 2 days ago
Canada: Leap Manifesto unites broad forces, builds climate justice campaigns
“The Truth and Reconciliation Commission has acknowledged shocking details about the violence of Canada’s near past. Deepening poverty and inequality are a scar on the country’s present. And Canada’s record on climate change is a crime against humanity’s future.” —The Leap Manifesto
by John Riddell
April 3, 2016 -- Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal reposted from Climate and Capitalism -- Five hundred Toronto-area supporters crowded into a west-end school auditorium March 29 to support the Leap Manifesto, launched early this year in support of a rapid, “justice-based” energy transition to a renewable economy.
The movement was launched in January 2016 to popularize the ideas of Naomi Klein’s influential book on climate change, This Changes Everything. Klein pointed to the need for a mass social movement addressing both the urgent need for climate action and an agenda for social justice.
"Pioneer" camp director Svetlana and Dr. Yuriy in discussion on April 14, 2015. Photo by Roger Annis.
More on the political situation in Ukraine
By Roger Annis